Note: We do not offer or promise full-time employment with either a client railroad or with Hallcon. We do not hire or train people off the street for the rail industry – you must be a fully qualified, FRA certified locomotive engineer, have current licensure, and have a proven positive safety/performance record.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND POSITION INFORMATION:
• Railroad supervisor duties for all crafts from front-line to executive roles.
• Freight rail, transit, and commuter opportunities.
• Short-term temporary engagement of your services as an independent contractor.
• Paid travel, meals, and lodging while performing service.
• No long-term employment commitment.
• Reasonable flexibility to accept assignments when you are available and able to be deployed.
• No benefits or health insurance applicable for temporary contractor assignments.
• Competitive pay appropriate to your supervisory role.
• Railroad retirement (RRB) participation available for most assignments, with some opportunities for non-RRB assignments for retired RRB recipients as well.
• Railroad professional with proven safety and rules compliance record.
• Willing and able to be away-from-home for an extended period of time while deployed on assignments that can range from a few weeks to multiple months.
• Clear background check and no driving-related alcohol or drug related convictions within the last 3 years.
• FRA Control of Alcohol and Drug Use screening required for each assignment (49 CFR Part 219)
• Willingness and ability to learn new railroads and their rules, and work with a variety of people.
• General Code of Operating Rules (GCOR) experience strongly preferred for most positions.
• Attitude and aptitude are equally important.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
These positions require active experience as a railroad supervisor with significant time performing in this role. Current FRA certification may be required for some deployments. Previous experience and knowledge of applicable railroad operating rules as required by the client rail operation. Eligibility for open positions to be determined by the client on a case-by-case basis. Please submit a complete resume documenting your all your railroad and supervisory experience.